Promethazine Cough Syrup
Promethazine Cough Syrup is a combination medicine used to treat cold or allergy symptoms such as runny nose, sneezing, and cough.
Promethazine Codeine contains an opioid (narcotic) cough medicine, and may be habit-forming.
Promethazine Codeine may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
McKesson # 351186
Maker # 60432060816
Manufacturer Morton Forest Drug
Nation of Origin Unknown
Substitute Maker Number 3406485
Holder Type Bottle
Measurements Form Syrup
Conventional Medication Code 15035
Conventional Medication Name Promethazine HCl
NDC Number 60432-0608-16
Capacity Requirements USP Controlled Room Temperature
Strength 6.25 mg/5 mL
UNSPSC Code 51313305
Volume 16 oz.
Do not use Promethazine Codeine if you have used an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days. A dangerous drug interaction could occur. MAO inhibitors include isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue injection, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, tranylcypromine, and others.
Promethazine Codeine is not approved for use by anyone younger than 12 years old.
Do not give this medicine to anyone younger than 18 years old who recently had surgery to remove the tonsils or adenoids.
Tell your doctor if you have ever had:
- lung disease or breathing problems;
- a head injury, brain tumor, or seizure;
- constipation, a bowel obstruction, or stomach problems;
- problems with your bile duct, pancreas, or adrenal gland;
- an enlarged prostate or urination problems;
- uncontrolled muscle spasms;
- a blood cell disorder;
- neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a severe nervous system reaction);
- liver or kidney disease;
- low blood pressure;
- a drug addiction; or
- if you have a fever and cough with mucus.